Name changes

In U.S any adult can change his/her name by using a legal name change form because of various reasons: marriage, divorce, social or religious reasons, adoption, etc. However changing name is not allowed if it is used for fraudulent purpose such as avoiding personal debts or waiving any pending obligations. A name change form will have to be filled out and submitted to the court and you must be well familiar with the whole procedure of legal name change in each state.